Organic Science Lab
Organic Science Lab
30 Organic Chemistry Activities!
What does it really mean we when say something is “organic”? Discover the answer using the earth-friendly equipment in this activity-based science kit.
Organic chemistry, bio-fuels, recycling—it’s all here in this exciting STEAM kit. Young scientists will perform 30 experiments that explore the processes of life. As they explore, they’ll make paper, cook up three kinds of bioplastics, extract DNA, create tie-dyed fabrics, brew up natural watercolor paints, watch leaves breathe, pop a balloon using an orange peel, and much more.
Organic Science Lab lives up to its name by featuring components made with sustainable bamboo to reduce the amount of plastic needed; a beaker and graduated cylinder made so that natural microorganisms can break them down faster; and compostable packaging.
Learn about organic science the fun way—through hands-on crafts and experiments!
- Explore the science behind saving the environment: Kids can investigate the science of living things, the materials they produce, and the things that you can make from them with this environmentally friendly science kit
- 21-piece kit includes eco-friendly bamboo and plastic: graduated beaker, graduated, cylinder, Erlenmeyer flask, test tubes & stand, papermaking deckle & frame, large bioplastic-forming tray, small bioplastic-forming tray, spatula, shapes mold, pipette, 4 latex balloons (made from natural rubber), liquid glycerin, funnel, paintbrush, and 40-page illustrated science activity book
- 30 hands-on organic science experiments and crafts: Following the activity book’s step-by-step instructions, make your own earth-friendly slime, glue, bioplastics, paints and dyes, paper, and even candy wrappers while learning about transpiration, photosynthesis, greenhouse gases, polymers, DNA, acid-base reactions, the problems with petroleum-based plastics, and more
- Experiments require additional easy-to-find items/ingredients: Including active dry yeast, baking soda, banana or strawberries, cornstarch, food coloring, fresh orange, milk, rubbing alcohol, turmeric powder, unflavored gelatin packets, and white vinegar
- Perfect for budding scientists ages 8+: Great activity for sleepovers, play dates, or family fun night
• Beaker 120 mL
• Graduated Cylinder
• Erlenmeyer Flask
• Test Tubes & Stand
• Papermaking Deckle & Frame
• Large Bioplastic forming Tray
• Small Bioplastic-forming Tray
• Shapes Mold
• 4 Latex Balloons
• Glycerin 100 mL
• 40-Page Illustrated Science Activity Book