Hide secrets in plain sight with invisible inks, codes, cyphers, and disguises with this “noteworthy” secret message kit for two!
The second installation in SmartLab’s hilarious, retro Spy School series, Spy School – Secret Ciphers includes two fully equipped secret message cases for spies in training. Each case contains everything two kids need to keep their secret messages top secret, including UV ink pens, UV lights, red filters, codes wheels, and more. From secret codes to secret folds, this kit has more than 30 undercover ways to write and send messages—even when people are watching!
Learn and practice real-world codes such as Caesar’s Cipher, the Dancing Man, Pigpen Code, Moon Code, and Zig Zag. Practice hand signals and use message masks to thwart “enemy” agents. Learn the science behind invisible inks, light waves, acids and bases, and fluorescence.
There’s so much to cover, you may need a clandestine meeting to test your skills!
- Immersive intro to cryptography: Enter the fictional BREK Industries Spy School of Secret Ciphers, where kids use science to hide—and reveal—messages and learn to encode and decode information using codes and ciphers; the humorous illustrated instruction book provides guidance on ethical espionage
- 13-piece kit includes two sets of supplies—one for you, one for your spy partner: 2 decoy cases, 2 UV ink pens with UV lights, red filters, 2 red markers, 2 spray bottles, 4 code wheels, 2 phonetic code cards, 2 message masks, 2 decoder cards, and 24-page activity book
- 30+ sneaky secret message missions: The comical in-world activity book is packed with techniques for sharing secret messages and the science behind how they work; create an invisible message that appears when sprayed with grape juice while learning about acid-base reactions, make a hidden note that can only be read through a red filter as you learn how light waves make color, and more
- Some projects require easy-to-find household ingredients: including baking soda, banana, dish soap, food coloring, lemon juice or vinegar, purple grape juice, purple or red cabbage, water, and white wax crayon
- Perfect for budding cryptographers ages 8+: Great activity for sleepovers, play dates, and family fun nights