It’s the bomb! This DIY science kit makes bath time magical with a kaleidoscope of fizzing colors, enveloping aromas, and foaming bubbles.
Featuring custom bath bomb molds, fizz powder, bubble powder, color, scent, liquid glycerin, and a book, Spa Lab Bath Bombs goes beyond the basics and promises a special surprise in every bomb. By experimenting with colors, different amounts of ingredients, and special molds, young scientists can make signature bath bombs that reflect their individual personalities and preferences.
As they create their own bath bombs, kids will learn about acids and bases, carbonate reactions, measurement, proportions, aromatherapy, color mixing, and skin care through hands-on explorations using the materials and components. Learn to create basic bath bombs using the sphere, flower, and bitty star and heart molds, plus more complex creations like the Crazy Daisy Flower Bomb that zips around the tub and produces lots of colors and foam and the Shooting Stars bomb that shoots stars as it floats across the water.
- Supercharge your bath with science: This DIY bath bomb kit and Illustrated activity book offer hands-on explorations of basic science concepts, including acids and bases, carbonate reactions, measurement, proportions, and skin care
- 11-piece kit includes: Citric acid (250 grams, enough for 12 spheres or flowers and lots of minis!), bubble powder (20 grams), liquid glycerin (30 mL), mango fragrance (5 mL), Baja Blue colorant (3 mL), Flamingo Pink colorant (3 mL), sphere mold, flower mold, bitty star and heart bombs mold, and a 24-page illustrated activity book
- 20 dazzling recipes: Including basic spheres, flower shapes, and bitty bombs; more advanced Kinetic Bombs that roll and tumble as the colors swirl and mix, Bubble-icious Bombs, colorful Tie-Die Bombs, and Cosmic Bombs that foam, shimmer, and pop
- Experiments require additional household items: You’ll need baking soda, cornstarch, a mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, and spoons for mixing; optional ingredients include easy-to-find items like candy or soap sprinkles, popping candy, dried flower petals, and essential oils
- Perfect for budding scientists ages 8+: Great birthday party or sleepover activity, friends take home both a bath bomb prize and new scientific knowledge