Create real working games and gadgets as you wire up electronic circuits to a microprocessor!
With Smart Circuits: Electronics Lab, explore unlimited electronic projects to create working games and gadgets with snap-together base boards, light and sound modules, a microprocessor, and jumper wires. Complete the circuit to make cool gadgets like a light-sensing electronic rooster, a musical baton, a doorbell, and a motion-sensing room alarm. Create fun games, including a drag race game that tests your reaction time like a real drag racer, a version of the classic video game Pong, and even a quiz show game.
The fully illustrated 48-page lab manual includes step-by-step instructions for 50 sophisticated builds that teach kids about electronics, light, and sound—plus endless options to build custom creations. Playing with the multi-dimensional baseboard and real electronic components will teach you how electronic engineering works—and the plug-and-play wiring system makes doing these projects a breeze. As you connect the modules to the battery, you get hands-on understanding of what a complete circuit is and how various electronic components can start, stop, modulate, and employ the electric current as it moves through the wires.
Soon enough you’ll be wielding light, sound, and limitless other options as you create custom electronic builds.
- Hours of STEM electronics fun: Build amazing gadgets and games with lights, sounds, and sensors using the modular system and microprocessor; customize your electronic builds in 3-D with snap-together boards
- 48 pieces, amazing value: Microprocessor, speaker, battery pack, light sensor, tricolor LED array, tilt switch, variable resistor, 2 push buttons, 6 modular boards, 31 jumper wires in 4 lengths, and 48-page manual; requires 3 x 1.5V AAA (LR03) batteries, not included
- 48-page illustrated manual packed with science: Using the scientific method to make your way through the 50 step-by-step projects, learn about electricity, electric currents, electric circuits, conductance, microprocessors, ROM, RAM, sound frequency, RGB color, and more
- 50 fun circuit builds—unlimited projects: First 10 builds teach the basics of electronics, then advance in complexity; create a doorbell and a motion-sensing alarm for you room, make electronic dice and a pong game, use a pencil to draw music you can hear, create a magic message wand, and more
- Perfect for budding electrical engineers and computer scientists ages 8+: Kids can gain confidence as they build on their own or you can bond as a family as you create the projects together